eCampus.com

GA ver

American Surrealism

American Surrealism
Philip Curtis

The Red Priest

The Red Priest
Antonio Vivaldi

Performance Violin

Monday, June 24, 2013

United States Government now is in the same Pickle with China as Dr. Jordan Richman and Arizona Violin!

In its attempt to seize the fugitive Nasa freelance employee, Edward Snowden, who had sought refuge in Hong Kong, the United States got the same cold reception from China as did Jordan Richman and Arizona Violin, namely, ice cold SILENCE!!!

That should not be surprising to anyone who is familiar with the long and tedious history of China. Silence and closed door diplomacy have always been the formula used for the arrogant governments of China from its dark ages to the present. Its capital, located now close to the Mongolian deserts of Ghengis Khan, still sees world conquests as its major goal, only now there aren't cute ponies the West has to fear, but a military machine that includes weapons of mass destruction. One of the reasons their bows sound so good is because of the Mongolian pony horse hairs their bow makers use, who, incidentally, are much better than their violin makers.

The Asians are very upset by the novels of Fu Manchu, but the reporter Saxe Rohmer caught the machinations of Asian intrigue, just as Buck Rogers did and Milton Goniff later with his comic Terry and the Pirates.

Here is my nemesis:

Tel/Fax: 0086-10-57910569
E-mail:dxky_jack@163.com
Dexin Kaiyuan (Beijing) Violin Making Company


Jack Su and his wife Nancy assured me after months of a Chinese Water Torture of endless unsolicited Emails from them, that if I sent them the costs of a violin purchase in advance they would guarantee that the violin would arrive in perfect condition, or they would send me another one or my money back.

After I sent them the photos of the cracked violin as they had requested along with my Luthiers estimate of the cost of repairs, guess what? I have waited, just as the United States government has, for a reply from the Eternally Silent Chinese. (See Arizona Violin blog past posts for Emails).

Well, what can you expect from a country who worships one little Red Book, its only bible?

Middle East and Africa beware. Chinese salesmen are unctious and can play your pain like acupuncturists.

Just think Tibet.

Some people may think I am prejudiced against the cute Chinese.
Let me inform them that I have the blood of Ghengis Khan running in my antique 81 year old body. A young lady I dated in the good old days of Brooklyn College romances was good enough to inform me that the only reason she dated me was that I had "Khirghiz" eyes. Unlike my Chinese friends, I recently chickened out of eyelid surgery because on the bottom of a 50 list risk factors was listed "death" and the possiblity that my eyelids would come out crooked, like the Beijing violin company.

Dr. Jordan Richman
Who unlike Fu Manchu is not a "3 times Doctor," only "a one time" doctor. Some may say, like my wife, Vita, would, in her Myrna Loy voice, "Jordan, don't you mean a 'two-timing doctor'."

The only thing I have gotten from Russia in the way of the violin is the Tchaikovsky Violin Concerto.

Why do we never hear anything about Russian violin makers?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment