eCampus.com

GA ver

American Surrealism

American Surrealism
Philip Curtis

The Red Priest

The Red Priest
Antonio Vivaldi

Performance Violin

Sunday, December 26, 2010

From Holly Jean in search of her grandfather's violin

Dear friends, My name is Holly Jean. I am writing in hopes that somehow someway you will be able to help me find my grandads grandads grandads old violin. This violin was given to me years ago by my grandfather. It was one of his most cherished things. His grandfathers grandfather had made it himself, out of cherrywood from an old outhouse. He's always told the story about that old violin, and he always asks me to make sure it is ok. I've been leaving it with my mother because of my nomadic nature in these recent years. She sold it at a garage sale in Gold Canyon 3 weeks ago. She just didnt know what she was doing. She feels terrible about it too. But she didnt realize what she had. I know this may sound dramatic but I feel like my heart has been broken into a million billion pieces. I am so sad that I was so careless with this precious piece of my family history. I am upset that I could be so careless with something that my grandfather loved so much. It truly breaks my heart. I know you're all strangers out there, but maybe you can help me put the word out. Thank you for listening. Bless, Holly Jean hollylala@hotmail.com



By hollylala on Take your violin out of its case, rosin your bow, ... on 12/25/10

No comments:

Post a Comment